Sunday, 3 November 2013

What I Wore: summertime sadness

Shoddy photo quality, apologies!

TOP ~ ABERCROMBIE
CARDIGAN ~ H&M
SKIRT ~ PRIMARK 
BOOTS ~ RED HERRING

I am such a bad blogger and I can't write outfit photos, it doesn't help that the clocks have gone back and it's getting colder. I don't think I'm the only one that wants to go to school or work in my duvet! (Future outfit post, I think so).

But I do try, you can't take that away from me. My mum and I went shopping for new autumnal shoes and bought these shoes from Red Herring in Debenhams, after she binned my beloved, and well-worn Timbalands (RIP!). And I wore these with the outfit pictured above. Not the world's greatest photography or the most stylish but here's what I wear to school on the days when I actually think about what I'm going to wear!

I really love this (faux) denim skirt from Primark - I have to give it to my mum for spotting it (and my boots), and to Primark for making something that doesn't break after wearing it once. Excuse my pessimism..! I bought it because I wanted a denim skirt but one that was different from the bog-standard Topshop skirts - too mainstream! #original #imjoking #incaseyoudidnthearthesarcasmthroughtthecomputer ;)

Anyway, it's a lovely dark blue with bleached blue flowers on it and it looks top notch with anything. Funnily enough, it can dress up an outfit and goes with pretty much anything! People say never wear dark blue and black together, but thus works and it's not too 'busy' with the detailing on the boots and the print on the skirt. I even paired it with this lacy top from Abercrombie (I can feel you all judging me) which has a rather bling-tastic collar which stays classy because the clear and silver beads are sewn on in a symmetrical pattern. Lots of different textures, but I think the colour coordination keeps it sane.

Do I ramble too much in these outfit posts? This is obviously one of my techniques to make up for the poor quality photos with poor rambling. Tut tut, Hannah, it's quality over quantity as they always say!

À bientôt,

~Hannah xx

twitter ~ bloglovin' ~ youtube ~ pinterest ~ wiwt

5 comments:

  1. i love the floral skirt, it looks so unlike primark! x

    stylesylvie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, that's exactly what I thought when I first saw it. Primark do have some good gems if you can find them!

      ~Hannah xx

      Delete
  2. Love your boots!

    www.ClaireeLouisse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have to give credit to my mum for spotting and buying them for me!

      ~Hannah xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely outfit!
    The skirt is amazing (:

    Love, Liese
    Cats & Dresses

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting - I read them all and they make my day!
If you have any more questions, tweet me @HannahWTMF.